MS DHONI QUITS Amrapali Group:
New Delhi:At the end of incessant criticism on social media for his association with the Amrapali Group, Indian limited overs captain MS Dhoni has resigned as the brand ambassador of the real estate giant. Amrapali Chairman and Managing Director Anil Sharma has confirmed to ABP News that Dhoni is no longer the brand ambassador now. The company also regretted the fact that the Indian skipper’s name was unnecessarily dragged into the issue. Days after he received flak by several fans for being associated with the Amrapali group, India’s limited-overs skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Friday resigned as the brand ambassador of the real estate giant.
MS Dhoni Resigns/Quits As Amrapali Frim Brand after Twitter
Indian cricket team captain M S Dhoni has resigned as brand ambassador of realty firm Amrapali, days after the unhappy residents of a housing project in Noida launched a social media campaign asking the cricketer to dis-associate himself from the builder.
“Dhoni is no longer our brand ambassador… I do not want his image to be affected because of being attached to Amrapali,” company Chairman and Managing Director Anil Sharma told PTI.
“This decision was taken mutually by Dhoni and us,” he added.
Dhoni was the brand ambassador of the company for the last 6-7 years.
The complaints from the residents of Amrapali’s Saphhire project in Noida had gone viral on Twitter over the past few days after they tagged Dhoni in their tweets asking the cricketer to dis-associate himself from the builder or force the company to ensure completion of pending work.
Also Read: Is MS Dhoni not being given enough credit for his wicketkeeping?
- But even after a two-year delay, the project was not delivered compelling residents to shift to the houses without occupation certificates in 2014. The occupants have been complaining since then about incidents of fire, failed lifts and poor parking facilities.
- “The electrical panels are open, wires are hanging, firefighting equipment, sprinklers and alarms are not functional. There is no maintenance staff for lifts, and neither lift operators. The swimming pool has not been made operational,” the residents’ association had earlier said in a statement.
- Tagging Dhoni on his twitter handle, the residents have been asking Dhoni to use his influence to force the company to complete the pending work or dissociate himself from the company. The complaints had gone viral on twitter and #AmrapaliMisuseDhoni had started trending.
- Replying to questions on this issue in a press conference earlier, Dhoni had said that it was difficult for builders in the current economic scenario. “But at the same time, whatever is promised irrespective of where they stand, I think it needs to be met,” he had added. He had also promised to take up the matter with the company.
- The Real estate firm had said that the issue was being blown out of proportion and had cited issues like slow market, lack of funds and a stay order from the National Green Tribunal as reasons for the delay. They had also requested the residents to discontinue the twitter campaign against Dhoni. The residents said that they were forced to tag Dhoni as Amrapali had failed to respond to their demands